Free School Meals
Full time pupils attending Reception, Year 1, and Year 2 are automatically entitled to Universal Primary Free School Meals (UPFSM).
However, please note that if your child/ren are in these specific years and you wish to receive a school uniform grant (PDG - Access) payment, you will still need to meet the criteria below, you will still need to complete a Free School Meals Application Form.
A pupil may be able to get free meals if their parent or guardian (that is, the person who has care of the child) gets any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- from 1 April 2019, Universal Credit - provided your household has an annualised net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Apply here: Free School Meals - Ceredigion County Council
You should also let the school know directly if you wish for these child/ren to receive a free meal each day, or if they will be bringing a packed lunch.