Pupil Development Grant Expenditure
Schools in Wales are given funding on a per pupil basis specifically to support and ensure comparable progress for all pupils in receipt of Free School Meals(FSM). Schools plan how they will spend this money, and then show the progress that each FSM pupil has made against the spending. All schools are required to publish the funding information on their school website.
£9200 is the total allocation for Ysgol Penrhyn-coch for 2022-23. £5,750.00 is the total allocation for Ysgol Penllwyn for 2022-23. At present Ysgol Penrhyn-coch's current FSM population is 16% of our pupils. Ysgol Penllwyn does not presently have FSM pupils.
The schools undertake the following activities to support pupils facing challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- Headteacher supporting and monitoring the progress of pupils in receipt of FSM
- Teaching Assistants providing interventions for literacy and numeracy in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Teaching Assistants providing Support with Health and Well-being in small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
- Community engagement and utilising opportunities our community offers to engage pupils and provide a sense of belonging.
- Training opportunities for staff
- Enrichment opportunities before and after school through extra-curricular activities, swimming lessons and School trips.
The school's PDG expenditure is regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body.
If you think you may be eligible for FSM click the link below:
Further Support is available to those receiving free School meals detailed here: